A local chef and culinary professor is being given a French award for “decades of outstanding service.” Gilles Renusson, a professor with the GRCC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education, will receive the Chevalier du Merite Agricole, bestowed by the French minister of agriculture on citizens for outstanding services to agriculture. Guillaume Lacroix, general consul of France in Chicago, is presenting the award in a private ceremony at GRCC. Renusson, a certified master pastry chef and “sugar artist,” has been with GRCC since 1992. His 20 years as a chef includes experience at Maxim’s, Fauchon and Dalloyau in Paris, the Connaught Hotel in London, the Ritz-Carlton in Chicago and eight years as executive pastry chef at the Amway Grand Plaza. In addition to teaching baking and pastry courses at GRCC, he leads the U.S. team for Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie, an international pastry competition, and is a member of the World Association of Chefs Societies’ Culinary Competition Committee. He received a bachelor’s degree from the Chambre Des Metiers de la Sarthe in Le Mans, France. Renusson said he will be receiving the award two days before celebrating 50 years since the first day of his culinary apprenticeship in Tours,… Read full this story
- Trump tweets edited image of dog from al-Baghdadi raid receiving Medal of Honor
- CISF Dogs Who Secured Delhi Metro Retire from Service, Receive Medals, Selfies and Hugs at Farewell
- Quinnipiac Professor receives Lifetime Achievement Award
- 'This is what I'm most proud of': Guy Sebastian is 'overcome with emotion' as he reflects on his success after receiving an Order of Australia
- Natnael Berhane: 'A Tour de France stage win would change my life'
- Watch: Protestors mark 100 domestic violence deaths in France in 2019
- Paedophile criminologist still holds an Order of Australia medal - despite being convicted of multiple attacks on a young girl
- Anthony Bourdain: Bay Area chefs react to ‘huge loss’ in culinary world
- Track Asia Cup 2019: Ronaldo Laitonjam creates junior Asian record as India clinch 10 medals on day two
- Australia's Boomers lose to France in Basketball World Cup bronze-medal match
Culinary professor receiving medal from France have 356 words, post on www.grbj.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.