CLEVELAND, Ohio – For the third time in four days, the temperature topped 90 degrees in Cleveland on Friday.The afternoon high of 92 degrees followed highs of 91 on Tuesday and 94 on Wednesday. It was a cooler 75 degrees on Thursday.High temperatures this late in the year are a rarity, though 2019 marks the second year in the last three with this many days this late in September in the 90s.There have been 39 days in the 90s on Sept. 10 or later since the weather service moved its official Cleveland reporting station to what is now Hopkins International Airport in 1938, cleveland.com research found. Ten of those 90-plus days have come in the last three years – six in 2017, one in 2018 and three so far this year.In the 14 years from 2003 through 2016, there were just four such days – one in 2016, two in 2013 and one in 2010.The normal high for Sept. 13 is 75, according to the National Weather Service.It has been hotter, however. The Sept. 13 record is 96, set in 1952.Rich Exner, data analysis editor for cleveland.com, writes about numbers on a variety of topics. Follow on Twitter @RichExner. See… Read full this story
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge is named 'most powerful person in television' as she tops Radio Times' annual TV 100 list
- Middle East swelters in heatwave as temperatures top 50C
- REI Cyber Week sales begin: Save up to 40% on top brands all week long
- Malayalam Movies 2017! Top 5 First Week Grossers At The Kochi Multiplexes!
- Boston takes on Cleveland, seeks to break 4-game skid
- Orlando plays Cleveland on 5-game road slide
- Detroit faces Cleveland on 5-game road skid
- McCarthy’s connections to Browns could lead to Cleveland job
- Flyers Weekly Takeaways: As Calendar Turns To December, Flyers Are Actually Good
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: A New Show From Mitra Jouhari
Cleveland temperature tops 90 for third time this week have 306 words, post on www.cleveland.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.