BEREA, Ohio — Thanks to the Berea Garden Club and the Bud ‘N Bloom Garden Club, a Blue Star Memorial Marker on the Triangle now honors military veterans.The marker was dedicated in a special ceremony attended by officials of the Garden Club of Ohio and the Veterans Outreach Office. The colors were posted by American Legion Post 91 Auxiliary. Emcee was Susie Welker, historian for the Berea Garden Club. Chaplain Willie Springer of the Veterans Outreach Office gave the invocation and closing prayer. Taps was sounded by members of the Berea-Midpark High School band.Mayor Cyril Kleem accepted the marker on behalf of the city. The mayor said the Triangle is a most appropriate location for the Blue Star marker. The Triangle is also the site of a memorial plaque to 2nd Lt. Albert Baesel, after whom American Legion Post 91 is named. Baesel posthumously received the Medal of Honor during World War I for trying to rescue a wounded comrade on a battlefield in France. The Triangle also is home to monuments honoring local members of the Grand Army of the Republic, which fought in the Civil War, and to local military from World Wars I & II, Korea and… Read full this story
- Woodlands Township to honor veterans at annual Nov. 11 ceremony
- How You Can Support the Veteran Community on Veterans Day
- World's largest blue star sapphire discovered in Sri Lanka
- 'NYPD Blue' Star Charlotte Ross -- My Ex-Boyfriend Threatened to Drown My Dog!
- Fenton Toastmasters Honor Veterans
- Australian airline to rethink plan on honoring veterans on its flights
- Chelsea kid Reece James has the ‘delivery of David Beckham’ says former Blues star Joe Cole
- Vallin Honored As 2019 'Veteran Of The Year'
- Johnson-Phelps VFW Will Lead Oak Lawn Veterans Day Ceremony
- Romeoville Preps For Veterans Day Service
Blue Star marker in Berea honors veterans: Community Voices have 309 words, post on www.cleveland.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.