Jimmy Watson Shreveport Times Published 3:46 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 One of the top volleyball players in the region, Airline’s Gabby Patronis is the first winner of The Times Athlete of the Week honor, sponsored by the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission, for the 2019-20 school year. The talented Patronis garnered 30.86 percent (18,066 votes) of the 58,541 online votes cast to narrowly defeat Caddo Magnet cross country standout Storm Burton, who received 30.35 percent (17,765). Patronis will receive an embroidered BSN Sports backpack for the honor. Each weekly winner will receive a similar backpack courtesy of the SBSC, BSN and The Times. The senior had an incredible week last week for the Lady Vikings leading them to a 4-1 mark in the Woodlawn-BR tournament. She posted 21 aces, 22 kills, 4 blocks, 33 digs and 2 assists in the five games. She also garnered a rare double-double of 10 kills and 11 digs in a win over Parkway earlier last week. “Gabby is a talented athlete who takes care of business on the court and in the classroom,” Airline coach Reggie Digilormo said. “She is a very positive and encouraging teammate with a strong will to win. Her focus is… Read full this story
- After his third TT win in a week, now Michael is out to make it 50 for the Dunlop dynasty
- Here's who I'm tipping to win on North West 200 race day, reveals Jonathan Rea
- NASCAR: Ryan Blaney survives ‘Big One’ to win crazy inaugural Charlotte Roval race
- Mark Johnston must wait to become winning-most trainer in British racing, as three of his runners are beat at Leicester
- Kris Bryant expects to return in time to impact pennant race
- Josh Gordon to return to Browns in time for Week 1?
- MLB All-Star Game voting update: Several tight races remain in AL and NL as voting winds down
- World’s Largest Automakers 2013: GM Maintains Narrow Lead Over Volkswagen – Tight Race Expected
- World’s Largest Automakers 2012: A Tight Race That Toyota Could Win
- World’s Largest Carmakers 2013: Tight Race Could be Won By All Three
Airline’s Patronis wins Times Athlete of the Week in tight race have 342 words, post on eu.shreveporttimes.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.