ST. PAUL, Minn. — Democratic U.S. Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan are hosting a news conference on travel restrictions to Israel and Palestine, after they were denied entry into Israel last week.
At the urging of President Donald Trump, Israel denied entry to the two Muslim representatives over their support for the Palestinian-led boycott movement. The two are outspoken critics of Trump and of Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians.
They were subjected to a series of racist tweets from Trump last month, in which he told them to “go back” to their “broken” countries. Both are U.S. citizens.
Omar, Tlaib and Minnesota residents who have been impacted by travel restrictions plan to speak about the issue Monday afternoon in St. Paul.
- Rubio: 'Mistake' to Bar Reps. Omar, Tlaib from Israel
- Israel Official: Netanyahu Weighing Ban on Omar, Tlaib Visit
- Trust host Cardiac Conference
- Full audio of MySpace/Google/Flixster news conference; Also, how is identity handled?
- Lithium Batteries Face Travel Restrictions
- SocialText to host press conference in 'World of Warcraft'?
- Bad news for travel Web sites
- Bad news for travel sites
- Five years ago: MSN reads news, plans travel booking, London guide
- MSN reads news, plans travel booking, London guide