A credit union based in the region is entering the Grand Rapids market next week.
Kalamazoo-based Arbor Financial Credit Union said it will open a branch in Crystal Springs at 7200 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, across from FireRock Grille, on Monday, Aug. 12.
“We are excited to be joining the Grand Rapids community,” said Julie Blitchok, president and CEO of Arbor Financial.
“Our goal is to help more Michigan residents achieve financial success, and this expansion gives us the opportunity to help Grand Rapids-area residents get more from their money through better rates and a higher level of service. We have a strong commitment to this market.”
Blitchok said the credit union plans to open additional branches in the area, including one on 44th Street in Wyoming in early 2020.
A ribbon cutting will be held at the new Kalamazoo Avenue office at 8:30 a.m., Aug. 14, with Blitchok, Arbor Financial board members, Caledonia Chamber of Commerce representatives and area business representatives in attendance.
Special product offers and prizes will be offered Aug. 12-17 to celebrate the grand opening.
Arbor Financial Credit Union
Founded in 1935, Arbor Financial Credit Union offers financial services for personal, mortgage and business accounts.
The credit union has more than 40,000 members in Michigan and more than $643 million in assets.
- Four Myths About Credit Unions, Debunked
- How to Fix Credit Unions' Biggest Annoyances
- Grand Rapids Police Chief Says Officers Should Not Have Handcuffed an 11-Year-Old Girl
- Here's How Easy It Is to Switch to a Credit Union
- If You Want Free Checking, Try a Credit Union
- What's The Best Credit Union?
- How to Pick a Bank or Credit Union You Can Trust
- Qantas Credit Union teams with Infosys Finacle to overhaul IT
- CTERA, Bluepoint partner on hybrid storage for credit unions
- Distributed ledger start-up catches eye of credit unions, closes $3 million seed round