Boulder police were able to stop a woman who jumped into a pond and tried to make off with a duckling in her backpack on Sunday.
Police said witnesses at the Evert Pierson Kids’ Fishing Pond in the 600 block of Boulder Canyon Drive saw a woman jump into the water and grab a duckling, which she put into her backpack.
Officers were able to stop the woman and retrieve the duckling unharmed from the backpack, and it was reunited with its mother.
The woman was cited for failing to protect wildlife and obstruction.
- Boulder police identify man accused of videotaping girls in library bathroom
- CU Boulder police arrest suspect in incident involving female NightRide driver
- Boulder police look for man peeping into occupied porta potty
- Boulder police rescue trio of squirrels with tangled tails
- Groups of men accosted women on University Hill, Boulder police say
- Three more women tell Boulder police they may have been drugged at parties on University Hill
- 'Boy Meets World' Actor William Daniels Thwarts Attempted Burglary At Home
- ‘Boy Meets World’ actor William Daniels cracks joke about his role in thwarting attempted burglary
- CU Boulder Police say women’s underwear stolen from residence hall laundry rooms
- Police: Student attempts to rob and cuts other student