A 35-year-old mother has drowned after the vehicle she was driving overturned in a lake at Hanna Park, according to Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. Officers say her five-year-old child survived with a small air pocket in the car.
Investigators say the woman was attempting to make a three- or four-point turn on the narrow road when the vehicle slid and overturned into the water.
Investigators say there was very little air inside when they found it. First responders had to use a knife to cut through multiple airbags to pull out the woman and child.
First responders spent more than an hour looking for the car — even using a helicopter in the serach to find it.
An investigation is underway.
Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax – All rights reserved.
- Hero Teenage Boy Dies Trying to Save Drowning Mother and Child
- Toddler, woman drown in Twin Lakes
- Woman drowns in western Montana lake
- Tennessee father of three drowns while trying to save three daughters
- NYC’s Child Savings Account program will help more than 10,000 kindergartners save for college
- Nebraska woman dies in Park County balloon crash
- Two Indiana men drown while rescuing child in Lake Michigan
- Syrian woman braves nightmare journey to save infants after pirate ship sinks boat carrying 500 refugees
- 3-year-old boy, 54-year-old woman drown in Kenosha County lakes Sunday
- Tom Hanks gets reunited with extra he saved from drowning during filming of ‘Saving Private Ryan’