Four months after opening and quickly becoming a beloved spot for traditional New York-style deli sandwiches, the Pastrami Joint in Little Haiti has closed. The eatery’s owners cite issues with its landlord, the co-working property 360 Spaces. The sandwich spot was initially supposed to share the space, its rent, and profits with a poke restaurant that never materialized. Soon the building’s owner demanded the Pastrami Joint cover the rent in full, says Lisa Olek, who, along with her husband Steven, started the eatery. After New Times published an article about the restaurant’s permanent Miami location, the landlord began demanding 25 percent of the business, Lisa adds.”The place couldn’t pass inspection,” Steve says. “They promised there was a grease trap. There was no grease trap, and I would’ve had to pay for it, but I wasn’t willing to do it because they didn’t give us the adjacent space for our kitchen.” 360 Spaces didn’t immediately respond to New Times’ calls and emails.In the meantime, the delay hasn’t seemed to slow the partners, and they’re planning to dish out sandwiches at two Broward County events this week: Food in Motion at Peter Feldman Park in Fort Lauderdale Friday, July 12, and Dania After… Read full this story
- Redskins to host Jets for joint training camp practices in Richmond
- Tiger Woods allegedly threatening to release ’embarrassing’ pics of ex-girlfriend over NDA dispute
- Maddon Disputes Notion that Darvish Doesn’t Compete
- Texas coach Tom Herman once lost Subway job due to love of pastrami
- Famous San Francisco baseball bar to close, future uncertain
- Players, organizers agree deal to end cricket pay dispute
- Lions want 'very physical' training camp, could host joint practices
- U.S. women, U.S. Soccer agree to new CBA, end labor dispute
- Baseball’s drug program will never be perfect, but how close can it get?
- Catalonia independence dispute reaches Spain’s national team
The Pastrami Joint Closes After Landlord Dispute have 333 words, post on www.miaminewtimes.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.