An 81-year-old Petaluma woman was injured Saturday morning after she was struck when a suspected drunken driver hit another car.
Around 8:10 a.m., police officers were called to the area near B Street and Pearce Street in Petaluma in response to a vehicle collision. A vehicle driven by Monique Grace Tremblay, 32, struck a parked car, forcing both cars partially onto the sidewalk and striking the pedestrian, according to the Petaluma Police Department.
Tremblay displayed signs of intoxication and admitted to drinking the previous night, police said. Officers said they also found a small amount of a substance believed to be cocaine in her car. Tremblay was arrested on a suspected DUI, causing injury, and possession of a controlled substance.
The pedestrian sustained major injuries and was transported to Memorial Hospital in Santa Rosa.
Tremblay sustained minor injuries and was taken to Petaluma Valley Hospital before being booked into Sonoma County Jail.
- 2 killed in suspected DUI crash in Orange, driver arrested
- Portland Metro Monday Traffic: Crash injures pedestrian, closes Broadway
- Cops seek witnesses of Happy Valley crash injuring pedestrian
- Motorcyclist critically hurt in Norwood Park East DUI crash
- Taxi crashes into pedestrians on Moscow sidewalk; 8 injured, driver detained
- Kansas trooper talks about fatal DUI crash murder sentence
- Multiple injuries after 'Uber driver' crashes into pedestrians
- Vince Vaughn arrested for suspected DUI
- Simi Valley man gets 10-year prison term for Chatsworth DUI crash that killed two brothers
- Rancho Cucamonga woman suspected in Eastvale DUI crash that left 2 injured