NORTH HOLLYWOOD — Authorities Tuesday identified a man who was gunned down in an alley in North Hollywood, and continued their efforts to find the suspects who killed him.
Alcides Quiroz Portillo, 27, of North Hollywood was found lying in the alley near Burbank Boulevard and Whitsett Avenue about 7 p.m. Saturday and died at a hospital, according to the coroner’s office and the Los Angeles Police Department.
Officers were sent to the area on a report of a shooting.
“The investigation revealed that the victim was walking in the alley when he was approached by a light-colored vehicle,” an LAPD statement said. “The occupants from the vehicle and the victim had a discussion, and at that time the victim was struck by gunfire. The vehicle then drove away from the alley in an unknown direction.”
The suspects were described only as males. No arrests have been reported.
Anyone with information on the crime was urged to call LAPD Detective Steve Castro at 818-374-1925, or 877-LAPD-247.
- Murder probe as man dies in north-west London
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer identifies TWO possible David De Gea replacements
- North Hollywood man, arrested in Azusa, charged with stabbing wife to death at their home
- A Milwaukee man fatally stabbed his brother after a night of heavy drinking in West Allis, complaint says
- Fort Pierce man found wounded in parking lot on New Year's Day dies; suspect arrested in Miami
- Woman found stabbed to death in North Hollywood apartment, bloodied husband found on 210 Freeway in Azusa
- LAUSD’s The Science Academy STEM in North Hollywood: Where learning is anything but conventional
- North Hollywood High School students head to national cybersecurity competition
- LA fire, police officers at North Hollywood’s Station 89 shave their heads to support cancer research
- LAFD navigates narrow street to extinguish North Hollywood truck fire