Community Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:05 a.m. Share this story Pike participating in archaeology field school in NC Sabrina Pike of Kailua-Kona is participating in the New River Headwaters Archaeology Project in Ashe County, N.C., this summer. ADVERTISING During the six-week field school led by assistant professor of anthropology Colin Quinn., students are investigating a prehistoric village — the Woodie Site — and conducting geophysical survey and excavations designed to find material remains. By studying sites along the New River, they are afforded a unique opportunity to study human adaptation to mountain landscapes and explore broader questions about interaction, identity and climate change during the past 10,000 years. Pike, a rising senior majoring in archaeology and creative writing at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., is a graduate of Kealakehe High School. Lienau named to Wheaton dean’s list Janey Lienau of Kailua-Kona was named to the spring 2019 dean’s list at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Ill. To earn dean’s list honors, an undergraduate student must carry 12 or more credit hours and achieve a 3.5 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale. Big Isle student receives degree from Southwestern Chay Toson of Paauilo was part of the Southwestern College… Read full this story
- Politics How Vietnam’s national elections run Da Lat’s must-see college of education stops receiving tourists
- Energy and Environmental Law Update - March 18, 2013
- How Schools For Kids In Foster Care Act As 'Educational Black Holes'
- Gatwick live updates – Flights resumed following brief suspension after ‘drone was spotted over runway’ on Friday night
- NLRB Votes in Favor of Major Changes to NLRA Election Procedures and House Passes “Workforce Democracy” Bill
- Are Compliance Management Systems the New Battlefront for the CFPB and Prudential Regulators?
- NLRB Implements Extraordinary Regulatory Overhaul to Election Procedures
- The Fry Analysis: IDEA v. ADAA, the Supreme Court Questions Exhaustion with "Wonder"
- Chris Hayes Reviews Michiko Kakutani’s Book About Our Post-Truth Era
- Maria Butina, Suspected Secret Agent, Was in Touch With Russian Intelligence, Prosecutors Say
Education briefs for July 18 have 342 words, post on www.hawaiitribune-herald.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.