Partnership Financial Credit Union recently announced the winners of their 2019 Rising Star Scholarship.
The credit union chose 15 area seniors to receive awards for displaying (P)assion, (F)ocus, (C)harity and (U)niqueness, the four key traits of all PFCU Rising Star Scholarship recipients.
Scholarships are awarded annually based on merit and/or financial need to PFCU members or children of members in good academic standing.
“We are so excited to be able to award scholarship funding to this wonderful group of students,” said Mary Ann Pusateri, CEO of PFCU. “With the cost of college rising every year, we are honored to be able to help Chicago-area students achieve their dreams, both through scholarships and low-rate student loans. On behalf of our employees and our board of directors, I want to thank all the students who applied for our scholarship and congratulate those awarded a scholarship.”
This year’s Rising Star scholarship recipients include:
• Kelly Cagney of Barrington High School (Tulane University);
• Nia Donfris of Lincoln Way Central High School in New Lenox (Saint Louis University);
• Janelle Finton of Buffalo Grove High School (Indiana University);
• Katrina Grunst of Niles West High School (Valparaiso University);
• Marielle Foersterling of Barrington High School (Northern Michigan University);
• Alexandar Johnson of William Jones College Prep in Chicago (Ohio State University);
• Hannah Kelly of Loyola Academy in Wilmette (University of South Carolina);
• Sophia Mccomb of Sycamore High School (Boston College);
• Christina Ramirez of Fenton High School in Bensenville (Southern Illinois University);
• Macallister Rescorl of New Trier High School in Winnetka (University of Chicago);
• Priscilla Sabourin of Chesteron High School in Chesteron, Indiana (Purdue University Northwest);
• Sasha Samano of Niles North High School (Oakton Community College);
• Charlie Simon of Deerfield High School (Indiana or Ohio State University);
• Jacob Sitzberger of Prairie Ridge High School in Crystal Lake (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign);
• Liana Wallace of Evanston Township High School (Barnard College).
“We wish all of this year’s graduating seniors the greatest success in their future endeavors,” Pusateri said.
About Partnership Financial Credit Union
Partnership Financial Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution with offices in Morton Grove, Barrington and Des Plaines. The organization was established in 2014, when four Chicago-area credit unions with roots going back to 1940 joined in the best interest of their members. Partnership Financial Credit Union remains dedicated to maintaining close, personable relationships with members while delivering the best possible products and services. Learn more at www.mypfcu.org.
- Point Breeze Credit Union opens branch at Foundry Row
- Format Change Announced for Martinsville ValleyStar Credit Union 300
- Credit Unions and Equity Crowdfunding: A Funding Match Made in Heaven
- CBS credit union manager gets 14 years for $40M embezzlement
- Friendswood scholarship winners
- PHOTOS: ValleyStar Credit Union 300
- 2016 Chicago World of Wheels Legend Cup Winner is…1939 Olds Convertible
- 2017 O’Reilly Auto Parts 55th Annual Chicago World of Wheels Legend Cup Winner a 1936 Packard Roadster
- BMW Group Malaysia announces contest winners – all-expense paid trip to Munich
- Shell announces five winners for holiday to Italy