Donald Trump announced on Thursday that Sarah Sanders, his press secretary, will be leaving the post at the end of the month after a three-and-a-half-year tenure. The US president thanked her for “a job well done” in a tweet, saying she “will be leaving the White House at the end of the month and going home to the Great State of Arkansas”. It is unclear what prompted Mrs Sanders to depart the role – she has been a fiercely loyal aide to Mr Trump and has been at the White House for longer than most of the president’s inner circle. A replacement has not yet been announced, but the next press secretary will take on the role at a crucial period, just as Mr Trump’s re-election campaign is formally launched. Mrs Sanders has come under fire for bringing an end to the traditional daily White House press briefings, holding them ever more sporadically in recent months. She has not held a briefing in three months. ….She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job! I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas – she would be fantastic. Sarah, thank you for a… Read full this story
- Trump's aide, longtime bodyguard plans to leave White House: report
- Steve Bannon retakes the reins at Breitbart, will go to bat for Trump after his White House exit
- Trump touts tax reform, overlooks White House aide Cohn
- White House spokesman Spicer out as Trump seeks to fix image
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Clues in stolen plane mystery; Omarosa's secret White House recording sparks security concerns
- Obamacare repeal would leave 32 million Americans uninsured, CBO estimates, as Trump threatens GOP senators over bill
- House passes Obamacare repeal and replace bill after chaotic setbacks; Senate fight now looms
- Trump administration confirms end of DACA program, leaving Congress to find a solution
- Omarosa Book on Trump: 5 Most Explosive Claims From Her Tell-All, 'Unhinged'
- PDF: Read Michael Cohen's signed plea agreement
Sarah Sanders to leave the White House at the end of the month have 340 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.