Marcia Greenwood Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Published 12:17 PM EDT Jun 20, 2019
Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly are coming to the Auditorium Theatre, 885 E. Main St., at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 — not actually, of course, but virtually.
Through a combination of digital holographic technology and remastered audio, The Rock ‘N’ Roll Dream Tour promises to “transport audiences back in time” with laser-projected hologram versions of the legendary rockers performing their biggest hits backed by a live band and singers.
The company behind the project, BASE Hologram, cut a deal with the Orbison estate to re-create the singer for this project, USA Today reported in April.
Expect to hear and see the Orbison hologram belt out “Oh Pretty Woman,” “Only the Lonely,” “In Dreams” and “Crying” and the Holly hologram play “Peggy Sue,” “Oh Boy!” and “That’ll Be the Day.”
Tickets (starting at $78) go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Friday at Ticketmaster; presales started Thursday.
In 1983, five years prior to his death, the real Orbison was a Lilac Festival headliner. Holly played the Auditorium in early 1958, just a year before being killed in a plane crash.
- Roy Orbison-Buddy Holly hologram tour coming to Upstate NY
- Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly Holograms Paired for Fall Tour
- Preview: Roy Orvison & Buddy Holly hologram concert coming to the Paramount Oct. 22
- Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly hologram tour is coming to the UK
- Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly holograms doing a concert in Newcastle
- Roll Over, Roy Orbison
- Julian Frampton talks Roy Orbison hologram tour
- A Roy Orbison hologram is coming to Sugar Land -- seriously
- Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly are coming to Hull