INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) — The Jackson County Prosecutor says a nurse has been charged with raping a patient at an Independence hospital.
The prosecutor said Wednesday that 35-year-old Chukwuemeka Emmanuel, of Overland Park, Kansas, is charged with first-degree rape.
Emmanuel was a “float nurse” employed by Parallon. Centerpoint Medical Center officials said in a statement that he had been fired.
The Kansas City Star reports Independence police received a report of a sexual assault at the hospital on June 15.
Court records say the woman told police Emmanuel raped her after she asked him to help clean her because her catheter was leaking.
The hospital said the patient was being given pain medication at the time of the alleged rape.
A warrant has been issued for Emmanuel, who is not in custody.
- Alaska uses a for-profit mental hospital to hold foster kids who shouldn’t be there
- Nigeria: VVF Patients, Doctors, Others Speak On Treatment, Rehabilitation
- Somalia: 85-Year-Old Grandma Gang Raped in Jowhar
- Rick Romley calls for 'openness' in inquiry of Hacienda facility where patient was raped, gave birth
- Benchmark Human Services takes over Hacienda HealthCare where patient was raped
- Driver to appear in court today charged over death of PCSO, 28, who was run over and killed during police chase
- How Aruna Shanbaug
- Malawi: Aspiring Women Councilors Told to Practice Issue Based Politics
- Malawi: Salima Hopes to Boost Literacy Among Women