Sen. Doug Jones of Alabama is staying silent about whether his office filed an official complaint into a misinformation campaign targeting his Republican midterm election opponent. Jones’s silence comes as Democrats and media pundits argue Russian-style misinformation campaigns could seriously impact candidates who run for office in 2020. Jones is also staying mum about the details behind the troll campaign as Moore enters the run for office in 2020. It’s been almost seven months since Democratic Alabama Sen. Doug Jones’s office asked federal officials to investigate a misinformation campaign targeting his opponent in the 2017 midterm elections, but he’s silent about whether his office filed an official complaint. Jones asked the Federal Election Commission (FEC) in January to investigate a false flag operation that was designed to suppress conservative votes ahead of the midterm election. Alabama’s Republican attorney general, Steve Marshall, announced a probe into the matter in December 2018 as well before eventually deferring to the FEC in January.“What is obvious now is that we have focused so much on Russia that we haven’t focused on the fact that people in this country could take the same playbook and do the same damn thing,” Jones told Politico in January…. Read full this story
- Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson loses home in 'arson attack'
- Police complete operation targeting violence against women
- Doug Jones wins shock Alabama senate victory over scandal-hit Republican Roy Moore as White House blames Steve Bannon
- Roy Moore: US Republican Senate candidate hit by underage sexual misconduct claim
- Alabama: Roy Moore loses to Doug Jones in senate vote
- Opinion: Perfect storm in Alabama delivers Doug Jones victory
- Roy Moore suffers setback as court backs rival Doug Jones in Alabama
- Donald Trump dealt blow after Democrats sensationally win Alabama senate race against Roy Moore accused of child sex
- This Roy Moore spokesman's blinky on-air meltdown may be the most awkward moment in TV news history
- Doug Jones certified winner of Alabama Senate race despite last-minute challenge
Here’s What Sen Doug Jones Is Doing To Address A Misinformation Operation Targeting Roy Moore have 342 words, post on dailycaller.com at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.