Sen. Doug Jones of Alabama is staying silent about whether his office filed an official complaint into a misinformation campaign targeting his Republican midterm election opponent. Jones’s silence comes as Democrats and media pundits argue Russian-style misinformation campaigns could seriously impact candidates who run for office in 2020. Jones is also staying mum about the details behind the troll campaign as Moore enters the run for office in 2020. It’s been almost seven months since Democratic Alabama Sen. Doug Jones’s office asked federal officials to investigate a misinformation campaign targeting his opponent in the 2017 midterm elections, but he’s silent about whether his office filed an official complaint. Jones asked the Federal Election Commission (FEC) in January to investigate a false flag operation that was designed to suppress conservative votes ahead of the midterm election. Alabama’s Republican attorney general, Steve Marshall, announced a probe into the matter in December 2018 as well before eventually deferring to the FEC in January.“What is obvious now is that we have focused so much on Russia that we haven’t focused on the fact that people in this country could take the same playbook and do the same damn thing,” Jones told Politico in January…. Read full this story
- Inside Line: Three frustrations from England's laboured win over Japan that Eddie Jones must address
- Here's what to do with your fall leaves in Vancouver
- Police operation targets rural crime in Northumberland
- Police make arrests in operation targeting gangs exploiting children
- Drugs, weapons and cash seized in week-long operation targeting ‘county lines’ in Essex
- Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army operation targets Afrin gang
- Four in custody after garda operation targeting sale of vintage cars in Limerick
- Rachael Denhollander: 'Predators Are Always Watching' – Here's What To Do
- Here’s what to do if you put the wrong fuel in your car – but will it ruin your motor?
- Trump says he 'doesn't know' Giuliani's Ukrainian associates. Here's what we do know
Here’s What Sen Doug Jones Is Doing To Address A Misinformation Operation Targeting Roy Moore have 337 words, post on dailycaller.com at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.