NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Two people familiar with the situation say the New Orleans Pelicans have agreed to trade six-time All-Star Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers for point guard Lonzo Ball, forward Brandon Ingram, shooting guard Josh Hart and three first-round draft choices.
The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade cannot become official until the new league year begins July 6. ESPN first reported the trade.
The deal pairs the 26-year-old Davis, who is among the game’s biggest stars, with 34-year-old superstar LeBron James. It also gives the Pelicans promising young players and the opportunity to acquire more.
New Orleans has the first pick overall in Thursday’s draft and will have the Lakers’ fourth overall choice.
It remains to be seen, however, how well Ingram will recover from a blood clot that sidelined him for part of last season.
- Anthony Davis and Dwyane Wade Are the Cover Stars of NBA 2K20
- New NBA 2K16 Video Reveals Anthony Davis Gameplay
- NBA 2K16 reveals Anthony Davis gameplay footage
- Lakers’ Magic Johnson steps down
- NBA 2K17’s Sacramento Kings wouldn’t make that DeMarcus Cousins trade
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Interview: Party Creation, Trade System, and New Classes
- Final Fantasy 15 Gil sources
- Final Fantasy 15 AP farming and sources
- With David Davis and Boris Johnson gone, the cabinet will be stronger
- Trading Pokémon in Pokémon Go guide: How it works, who you can trade and more