In what Antioch police termed a “tragic accident,” a 2-year-old drowned Friday evening in a backyard swimming pool.
The incident was reported at around 7:30 p.m., when police in the Contra Costa city received a distraught call that the toddler was in the pool on the 3000 block of N. Francisco Way. Rescue personnel from the police and other agencies went to the scene and attempted to revive the child, but the 2-year-old died that evening at a local hospital.
“The preliminary investigation appears to indicate this incident was a tragic accident,” according to the statement released Saturday morning by the Antioch police. The victim has not been identified.
John King is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: [email protected]
- Mother, 32, and her 36-year-old lover are charged with murder after 'cheeky monkey' toddler dies just hours after celebrating his second birthday
- Calls for NHS 111 helpline probe after claims 'toddlers died from treatable diseases'
- IKEA will pay $46 million to California couple whose toddler died after dresser fell on him
- Dive in the deep end and check out some of the best properties with pools for sale in our region
- Mother pays tribute to Marley Ian McCrae-Porter, who drowned in Happy Valley swimming pool
- Ikea agrees to $46m settlement after toddler’s death in freak fall of recalled drawers that killed three others
- IKEA agrees to pay $46 MILLION to parents of two-year-old boy who died when dresser fell on top of him in biggest wrongful child death settlement in US history
- Mom Of Toddler Found Dead At South Jersey Home Charged With His Murder
- Ikea to pay $50M to families of toddlers killed in dresser accidents
- Ikea to pay $46 million to family of toddler crushed by dresser