A Friday announcement on the Bui Chu Diocese’s website said the plan to dismantle the church in the northern province of Nam Dinh, set to begin Monday, will be delayed after discussion among priests and those “who truly want the best for the church.” The announcement, signed by Priest Joseph Nguyen Duc Giang, head of the construction team at Bui Chu Cathedral, does not specify for how long the plan will be put on hold. The plan of the Bui Chu Diocese to dismantle the church for rebuilding faced public opposition as soon as it was announced. Soon after, 25 local architects sent a letter to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thien and Nam Dinh Chairman Pham Dinh Nghi asking them to intervene and save the cathedral. They said the cathedral was “an architectural, artistic and cultural heritage that our ancestors put much work into to create and a unique architectural work found nowhere else in Vietnam, belonging with other national cultural heritages. “The structure not only uses European architecture but also combines Vietnamese elements, details and materials to create a unique artwork, demonstrating an east-west cultural exchange.” They also said they… Read full this story
- Truck damages 135-year-old southwest Indiana covered bridge
- A 22-year-old mom holding her baby daughter fell down NYC subway stairs and died
- 7-year-old migrant girl held at US border dies in custody
- Guatemalan Father Denied Temporary Visa To Attend 13-Year-Old Daughter’s Funeral After She Was Murdered in the U.S.
- Youth basketball coach Brandon Rivera sentenced to 5- to 7-years in prison for molesting 15-year-old player, DA says
- Vigil planned for 2-month-old and 5-year-old sisters killed in Revere crash
- Son of Former NFL Player Accused of Raping 18-Year-Old Woman
- New York Students, Including 10-year-old Girl, Charged With Terrorism Offenses Over Instagram Video
- North Carolina 5-Year-Old Accidentally Shoots Himself in The Face at a Wendy's Parking Lot
- KERRY HUBARTT COLUMN: Solving 30-year old Tinsley murder case top story of 2018
Plan to demolish Vietnam’s 135-year-old cathedral put on hold have 345 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.