CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority will offer free rides on June 22 to coincide with Xtinguish Torch Fest, Blazing Paddles race and a host of other events planned for the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Cuyahoga River fire.
The RTA Board on Tuesday accepted a $75,000 grant from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History to sponsor the free-fare Saturday.
A highlight of Cuyahoga50 is the five-day event scheduled from June 19 to 23. Dozens of community groups and other partners will host a series of clean water events during at various locations along the river.
There’s also lots more: lighted boat parade, a Western Reserve Rowing Association regatta, Great Lakes Burning River Fest at the historic Coast Guard Station, doubleheader international men’s soccer tournament and an Indians game against the Detroit Tigers.
Check out all the fun planned on RocktheLake.com/events.
- Free bus rides for women to continue for 5 years if AAP returns to power: Arvind Kejriwal
- No pants? No problem. Commuters bare their briefs during annual pants-free BART ride
- Honey Boo Boo All Smiles With Sister Pumpkin in Photo Following Decision to Leave Home With Mama June
- Admission To Downtown LA’s MOCA Is Now Free
- NHL Free Agency: Binnington signs two-year, $8.8 million deal
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park Presents 2020 Calendar of Events Celebrating 25th Anniversary
- Tiananmen Square anniversary: A look back at events through the eyes of different generations
- Iman pays tribute to husband David Bowie on their wedding anniversary
- Iman pays tribute to David Bowie on their 24th wedding anniversary
- Joan Rivers: the best of her career in clips and quotes