“The Chancellor and the government were elected for the entire term of office, and citizens rightly expect them to be serious about the obligations arising from these elections. Therefore, I can rule out any efforts for meaningless changes”, Kramp-Karrenbauer told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper. Back in December, Kramp-Karrenbauer was elected CDU head at the party congress in Hamburg amid reportedly collapsed ratings of the main German political CDU/CSU alliance over the controversial country’s migration policies. READ MORE: Germany Braced for Crime Wave as Police Lose Control Over Migrants Among the key promises of Kramp-Karrenbauer was an overhaul of the country’s migration policy. Earlier public opinion surveys showed that the majority of German citizens have suggested the country’s policy in this particular sphere was too careless. © AP Photo / Christian Essler, XCITEPRESS’Passport Lost’ and ‘I’m a Daesh Terrorist’: Tricks Migrants Use to Avoid Deportation From GermanyBack in July, CDU and the CSU agreed to take measures to curb undocumented migrant flows into Germany. The deal reportedly included, among other things, boosting control along the border to prevent irregular migrants from entering the country, as well as the creation of transit centres in Germany, where migrants will stay up to two days before deportation to other EU countries where they were originally registered. Merkel has been criticized for her “open-door policy”, which resulted in a million of mostly North African migrants pouring into Germany in 2015. Her party’s popularity… Read full this story
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel to open Gamescom 2017
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Is Going To Open Gamescom 2017
- Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 headed to US by year's end
- Heads Up: Overwatch's Uprising Event Ends Soon
- Trump weighs in on Democratic debate melee from JAPAN while seated with German chancellor, then tells her: 'I look forward to spending time with you rather than watching the debate'
- Merkel Wants Online Platforms to Reveal Algorithms
- Carrie Symonds to take her first overseas trip with boyfriend Boris Johnson to New York as the PM meets Donald Trump, Macron and Merkel at the UN
- Angela Merkel and Donald Trump head for clash at G20 summit
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi Announced for the West for PS4 and PC, But Not for Switch
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi Details its Systems and Shows New Screenshots
CDU Head Has No Ambitions for Chancellor's Office Before Merkel's Term End have 393 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.