HTV National Desk Published 4:23 am EDT, Monday, April 15, 2019 Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Waitress recovering after diving off pier to save child stuck in rip current 1 / 1 Back to Gallery A 19-year-old waitress is recovering in a hospital after she jumped off a Florida pier to save a child caught in a rip current. Hanna Pignato broke bones in her back and her foot after jumping off the Daytona Beach Pier when she saw the boy struggling in the water Saturday evening while she was working. Pignato works on the rooftop deck of Joe’s Crab Shack. She said she ran downstairs, gave a customer her apron, phone and personal belongings then went in after the boy. When she dove in though, she hit a sand bar and had to be rescued as well. The boy was saved and Pignato is recovering in the hospital following surgery on her foot.
- Bundoran RNLI rescue three swimmers from rip current
- Bundoran RNLI rescue three swimmers from rip current as sea conditions change suddenly
- Father and two sons rescued by Bundoran RNLI after being caught in rip current
- Firefighters save schoolgirl stuck up tree near Doncaster
- Emergency responders save man stuck in mud near Shotley Pier
- Three people saved from beach rip tide
- Woman drowns saving child at Vantaa swimming spot
- Midwife dives to save 'traumatised' goldfish tossed thrown into sea by yob
- Firefighters rescue child stuck up a tree 26 feet high
- Firefighters called to rescue child stuck up a tree at Calke Abbey
Waitress recovering after diving off pier to save child stuck in rip current have 262 words, post on www.ctpost.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.