LONDON: Britain has begun issuing passports with the words ‘European Union’ removed from the front cover — despite Brexit being delayed and uncertainty over when the country will leave the bloc. The interior ministry confirmed that some passports introduced from March 30, the day after Britain was originally due to depart, no longer include references to the EU following a 2017 decision. However, it said some newly-issued travel documents would still bear the bloc’s name — which has sat atop British passport covers — in a bid to save public money. “In order to use leftover stock and achieve best value for the taxpayer, passports that include the words ‘European Union’ will continue to be issued for a short period,“ a spokeswoman said. “There will be no difference for British citizens whether they are using a passport that includes the words European Union, or a passport that does not,“ she added, noting both designs would be “equally valid for travel”. Britain was set to leave the EU on March 29 but has been forced to delay its exit amid political paralysis in Westminster over the terms of the divorce deal. Prime Minister Theresa May on Friday was forced to ask… Read full this story
- European Union Offers Britain a Brexit Extension to Oct. 31
- President Tajani: "Chaos and a new migration crisis must be avoided in Libya. The European Union must take immediate action"
- Britain Should Sabotage the European Union From Within Over Brexit Delay, U.K. Politician Suggests
- Britain’s prime minister asks European Union for three month Brexit delay
- European Union to Recognize Juan Guaido as Venezuela's Interim President
- European Union Film Festival 2019 a showcase for women filmmakers
- UK set to lose European commissioner role over Brexit delay
- Allovate Therapeutics Announces Grant of European Patent Covering Oral Mucosal Immunotherapy Platform
- British lawmakers reject leaving European Union with no deal
- European Union Offers to Postpone Brexit Until Oct. 31
UK starts issuing passports without ‘European Union’ on cover have 326 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at April 6, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.