Former First Lady Laura Bush will visit Central New York this week to speak at two events, including one recently announced at Syracuse University.Bush will participate in a discussion at SU’s D’Aniello Family Speaker Series on Wednesday.The talk will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, located at 721 University Ave. All members of the campus community are invited to attend, but space is limited, an SU news release said. The lecture series is devoted to topics with “national impact,” according to SU, such as entrepreneurship, free enterprise, patriotism, veterans’ issues and leadership. It was sponsored by an alumnus, Dan D’Anello, who is also behind a $20 million donation for construction on the National Veterans Resource Center, currently underway on Marshall Street.Bush is expected to discuss her experiences advocating for literacy, educaiton and women’s rights. She has been connected with SU more recently after leaving the White House. Bush and her husband founded a Presidential Center in Dallas, and have completed a “Stand-To Veteran Leadership Initiative,” which SU faculty and staff have participated in.The former First Lady is also the featured speaker Wednesday at the 2019 Boypower Dinner, a major fundraiser for the Boy… Read full this story
- Former first lady Laura Bush is coming to Syracuse to speak about Boy Scouts
- Fashion of the First Ladies: Laura Bush
- Dallas Morning News picks Laura Bush as 'Texan of the Year'
- George W. Bush and Laura Bush awarded Liberty Medals for work with veterans
- 30 years after Pan Am 103, Syracuse University students remember friends they’ve never met
- Today's obituaries: Franklin Morris was a chemist, professor of music at Syracuse University
- Kathleen Walters ’73 Selected to Lead Syracuse University’s Board of Trustees
- Syracuse University names new chair to lead Board of Trustees
- Former Syracuse University football player, 14 others arrested in federal drug bust
- Student group proposes safe-sex vending machine at Syracuse University
Former First Lady Laura Bush to speak at Syracuse University have 333 words, post on www.syracuse.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.