Former First Lady Laura Bush will visit Central New York this week to speak at two events, including one recently announced at Syracuse University.Bush will participate in a discussion at SU’s D’Aniello Family Speaker Series on Wednesday.The talk will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, located at 721 University Ave. All members of the campus community are invited to attend, but space is limited, an SU news release said. The lecture series is devoted to topics with “national impact,” according to SU, such as entrepreneurship, free enterprise, patriotism, veterans’ issues and leadership. It was sponsored by an alumnus, Dan D’Anello, who is also behind a $20 million donation for construction on the National Veterans Resource Center, currently underway on Marshall Street.Bush is expected to discuss her experiences advocating for literacy, educaiton and women’s rights. She has been connected with SU more recently after leaving the White House. Bush and her husband founded a Presidential Center in Dallas, and have completed a “Stand-To Veteran Leadership Initiative,” which SU faculty and staff have participated in.The former First Lady is also the featured speaker Wednesday at the 2019 Boypower Dinner, a major fundraiser for the Boy… Read full this story
- Bill Pullman, Jenna Elfman channel George W. and Laura Bush for comedy series '1600 Penn'
- George W. Bush's Daughter Barbara Ties the Knot in Secret, Sentimental Wedding Ceremony
- Barbara Pierce Bush Recalls Her Grandfather’s Devotion to Her — and a Stuffed Tiger Named Spikey
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Craig Coyne, Who Just Married George W. Bush’s Daughter Barbara — Again!
- Jeb Bush Cites His Last Name As a Foreign-Policy Qualification
- Jeb Bush Fast Facts
- Jenna Bush & Henry Hager Wed in Texas
- Jenna Bush Hager Welcomes Daughter Poppy Louise
- Jenna Bush Hager Welcomes Daughter Margaret Laura
- Hal's First Christmas! See Jenna Bush Hager's Heartwarming Holiday Cards Starring Her 3 Kids
Former First Lady Laura Bush to speak at Syracuse University have 332 words, post on www.syracuse.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.