ATLANTA — Pick a strategy Democrats are considering ahead of 2020, and Stacey Abrams’s narrow loss in the Georgia governor’s race serves either as a blueprint or a warning sign. Democrats are debating how much voting issues can swing an election, whether identity politics are energizing or polarizing, and if it is better to double down on politically engaged women, people of color and left-leaning voters or tack to the center. All of those played out in a fight that catapulted Ms. Abrams to national attention. The open question is what lesson to draw: that her strategy was more successful than any recent Democrat who ran statewide, or that it still was not enough to tug Georgia — and perhaps the country — into the blue column. For Ms. Abrams, the answer is unequivocal: Her campaign turned out record numbers of black, Latino and Asian voters, and she also won a larger share of the white vote than President Barack Obama or scions of Georgia political royalty like Jason Carter and Michelle Nunn. She actively courted voters and highlighted issues central to an emerging demographic majority that proved elusive for Democrats in 2016. [Make sense of the people, issues and… Read full this story
- VCCI Holds Training Course on Decision-making Skills, Financial Report Analysis
- Cuba and Vietnam to increase sharing of experiences in legislation, supervision and decision making
- Da Nang ex-Party chief dismissed as chairman of city’s decision-making organ
- UN helps include people with disabilities in every decision-making step
- MOET decision makes schools excited, students worried
- New decision makes mobile phone distributors worried stiff
- PM Wants More Decentralization for Investment Decision Making
- Minimum wage increase decision makes businesses dumbstruck
- Da Nang makes precedent for import of waste?
- Some Vietnamese big guys who suddenly… make profits
Stacey Abrams, After Narrow Loss, Has Some Decisions to Make have 306 words, post on www.nytimes.com at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.