OLDER women who potter around the garden, walk the dog or do gentle housework almost halve their risk of heart disease. They also slash their chance of having a heart attack or stroke by a fifth. And the scientists who compiled the data say their research could also be applicable to men. They found that women aged 50 to 79 who were on their feet for more than 5.6 hours a day were 42 per cent less likely to develop coronary heart disease (CHD). They are also 22 per cent less likely to get cardiovascular disease (CVD), which can lead to heart attacks and strokes. A group of 5,900 women were measured with fitness trackers then followed for five years. The results applied even after factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and more strenuous activity were taken into account. RevealedWILLY WORRYING Your penis can SHRINK… how exercise and smoking ‘can wither your manhood’ DYING WISH Student mum’s heartbreaking bucket list – including sex under the stars NO YOLK Just one egg a day ‘increases risk of heart disease and dying young’, experts warn TOUGH POP Dr Pimple Popper squeezes giant lump that looks like ‘sausage roll’ on man’s arm LIFE… Read full this story
- Did you know that opting for this soothing activity every day could lower your risk of getting heart diseases?
- Having fat thighs could cut your risk of developing heart disease
- Coronavirus And Heart Disease: What You Need To Know?
- Air pollution and heart disease skyrockets risk for dementia, study says
- Air Pollution And Heart Disease Skyrockets Risk For Dementia, Study Says
- CDC: Coronavirus Now Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S., Behind Heart Disease, Cancer
- Coronavirus poses higher risk for those with diabetes and heart disease — not just older Australians
- I often dream of having sex with older women
- The great Aussie spirit: Facebook group allows people to 'adopt' a healthcare worker - and provide them with lifts to work, walk their dogs and buy their groceries
- Coronavirus Is The No. 3 Cause of Death in The U.S., After Heart Disease and Cancer
Garden work and walking the dog can HALVE older women’s risk of heart disease have 356 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.