Dave Isaac NHL writer Published 10:39 PM EDT Mar 11, 2019 PHILADELPHIA — The Flyers won’t say the “P” word in their locker room. It’s not so much a superstition, rather a focus that they don’t want to leave. Take care of business, they say, and they’ll end up in the playoffs. After beating the Ottawa Senators 3-2, their sixth win in eight games, the Flyers are within three points of the last spot in the East. They would need four to get in though, because they don’t hold the tiebreaker against any of the clubs they’re chasing. The last time they were this close was November 15. Still not close enough for them to start talking about the NHL’s second season. “We can’t right now. We haven’t earned it yet. Until you get that spot you don’t really focus on it. Like we said, it’s that one-game-at-a-time mentality,” said goalie Brian Elliott, who made 20 saves in the win, smiling knowing his answer was cliché as they come. “Sorry I can’t give you any more quotes for your piece.” “It’s getting closer and closer for sure,” Radko Gudas added. “For us, the focus is on the next game. We… Read full this story
- Wild's Vegas haul: Winning 4-2, moving into playoff spot, trading for Knights defenseman Brad Hunt
- Want to Find the Best Parking Spot? Do the Math
- 7 takeaways from Iowa Democrats' biggest night of the year
- Gartner projects rapid growth for hot spots
- Jupiter's Great Red Spot Is 50 Times Deeper Than the Oceans of Earth
- What Makes Jupiter's Great Spot Red? It's Still a Mystery
- What Is Jupiter's Great Spot Red?
- Scientists are one step closer to an Ebola cure in the Congo
- Munoz wins Sanderson Farms in playoff for 1st PGA Tour title
- Blind Spots: How Cyber Defense is Like Stopping Tim Tebow
Flyers 5 takeaways: A playoff spot closer within reach have 326 words, post on eu.courierpostonline.com at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.