Gertrude M. Cote AUBURN – Gertrude M. Cote, 89, of Auburn, peacefully passed away at Clover Manor in Auburn on Sunday Feb. 24, 2019 with her loving son by her side. She was born in New Brunswick, Canada on Nov. 25, 1929, a daughter of the late Levitte and Eva (Cyr) Bois. She grew up in Canada and attended school there. When she was 18, she moved to Maine where she met and eventually married Aurelle Cote and they started a family together. During that time, she worked as a seamstress for Town Dress Shop. She also did a lot of outside seamstress work for the residents at Clover Manor in later years. She was a member of the Jacques Cartier Club in Sabattus and was also named “Mother of the Year” by the members of the club. Gertrude will always be remembered for her love of dancing, playing Bingo, and animals, especially her cat, Snowball. She would often give homes to abandoned animals so they would be well taken care of. She also had a great passion for knitting and making jig saw puzzles. She had a phenomenal work ethic that she took great pride in and also passed… Read full this story
- Obituary: Tireless volunteer and community stalwart Charles 'Chic' Moncur
- OBITUARY: Philip Stephenson
- OBITUARY: Ann Horsfall
- OBITUARY: Tony Neasham
- OBITUARY: Christopher Paul Jeffery
- Obituary: Alice Mason
- BBC obituary editor moans he is ‘bored’ of ‘suffering’ Princess Diana coverage in on 20th anniversary of her death
- Who was Gertrude Jekyll? Google goes green-fingered to honour legendary British horticulturist and garden designer
- Gertrude Jekyll celebrated by Google Doodle – who was the horticulturist and what gardens did she design?
- Gertrude Jekyll celebrated with Google Doodle – who was the horticulturist and what gardens did she design?
Obituary: Gertrude M. Cote have 300 words, post on www.sunjournal.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.