The founder of a tiny house community in Woodland Park is thinking a bit bigger for his next project.Pete LaBarre, who helped turn an RV park into a village for the miniature structures, is in a group of developers planning another community off Colorado 67 with 53 homes that aren’t quite so little. The proposed Village at Tamarac would have 500-square-foot homes similar to the quaint “park model” varieties that have been a hit with tiny living enthusiasts. The developers are calling them “small houses” because the factory-built structures would stray slightly from the definition of a tiny house, which is smaller than 400 square feet and mounted on wheels. Lifestyle How do couples live in tiny homes without killing each other? By Rachel Raczka The Washington Post Tiny houses have become a trend, as they’re cheaper, more energy-efficient and provide people with more freedom and mobility than traditional homes. The Village at Tamarac plan fits zoning and building codes while still giving people what they want: smaller dwellings at relatively affordable prices, LaBarre said. The home prices would start at about $115,000, and owners would pay $600 to $700 a month to lease their lot, he said. ”The reality is that the housing… Read full this story
- Gone Home fills empty house with developers' voices in commentary mode, is 50% off
- SI adds Out of the Park Developments
- Former Assassin's Creed developers hope to turn strangers into friends with action puzzler Tiny Brains
- ‘Skyrim’ Developers Hope To Bring Mods To Consoles
- Game developer Brianna Wu flees home after death threats, Mass. police investigating
- Torchlight 2 developer hopes for Diablo 2 remake mod; how Runic is a "Steam-based company"
- Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to Steam, developer hoping for April release
- Increpare: Indie Developer Needs Cash, Badly
- Developers hope to reduce spawn exploits in Halo 5
- Grand Opening Of 'We Grow Microgreens' Urban Farm In Hyde Park
Woodland Park developers hope to cash in on tiny home trend with "small house" village have 325 words, post on gazette.com at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.