(Photo: Protesters mobilize against the scheduled execution of Kevin Cooper in 2004) Brown called for “limited retesting of certain physical evidence in the case and appointing a retired judge as a special master to oversee this testing, its scope and protocols,” according to the order. There were many serious problems in the police investigation and the subsequent prosecution of Cooper, including failing to pursue other possible suspects, and the foundation of racism upon which the case against Cooper was built. But the mishandling or destruction of evidence has been a single, unbroken thread across the more than three decades of this case. Today, 33 years after the murder of Doug and Peggy Ryen, their daughter Jessica and houseguest Christopher Hughes, there remain large holes in the case against Kevin Cooper. For one, law enforcement experts and others who have reviewed reports from the crime scene believe multiple attackers would have had to subdue all four victims. Additionally, blond hairs were found clutched in the hands of one victim, which couldn’t have come from Kevin, who is African American. Several witnesses had seen three white men near the scene of the crime. But there were other problems in the state’s case… Read full this story
- Kevin Feige Finally Wants to Make Good on the MCU Tying Film and TV Worlds Together
- House Democrats Will Finally Hold Hearings on Medicare for All
- Money and safety covered in final MPI hearings at Public Utilities Board
- Kevin Clifton breaks silence on Stacey Dooley romance and admits to torment
- McAleenan resolves standoff and will testify at threats hearing on Wednesday
- Acting homeland security secretary finally agrees to testify
- Kevin Durant Is Fucking Up The Finals
- QOTD: The Worst Examples of Automotive Cooperation?
- Warriors believe Kevin Durant suffered achilles tear during Game 5
- The Electric Mini Cooper SE Is a Lot of Fun. But Is That Enough?
Will Kevin Cooper finally get a fair hearing? : Indybay have 323 words, post on www.indybay.org at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.