According to Topica Founder Institute (TFI), a startup accelerator programme in Vietnam and Thailand, the year 2018 saw an explosion in startup investment. Total deal value surpassed $889 million, tripling from the $291 million of 2017. Of these, the 10 biggest deals were upwards of $40 million in value. These agreements included Yeah1, which received $100 million from a group of investors, Topica, which received $50 million from Northstar Group, and Sendo, which gained $51 million, and seven undisclosed deals valued at about $533 million. The sectors of fintech, e-commerce, traveltech, logistics, and edtech have attracted investors’ eyes. Of these, fintech sat in the first place in both deal value and deal count, with eight deals for $117 million. E-commerce came in second, with significantly fewer deals (only five, against 21 in 2017) worth approximately $104 million. They are followed by traveltech ($64 million), and logistics and edtech (three or four deals valued at over $50 million) for each sector. Among around 388 startups receiving funding over recent years, VNG Corporation becomes Vietnam’s first-ever tech unicorn, whose existing value has mounted to $1.2-1.5 billion now, while Yeah1 has just debuted on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange with a… Read full this story
- How South Koreans Are Reckoning With a Changing American Military Presence
- Hundreds of South Koreans to enter North to reunite with loved ones
- Hundreds of South Koreans travel to border ahead of reuniting with relatives in North Korea
- South Korean leader to meet Kim Jong Un on his turf
- South Korean women hold record mass rally against ‘spycam porn’
- Citi to boost services for South Korean firms overseas
- North Korea fires short-range missiles into sea, vows to liquidate South Korean assets
- South Korean president says no U.S. military action on Korean Peninsula to be taken without Seoul's consent
- South Koreans say war with North Korea 'a life or death matter'
- Report: South Korean troops fire warning shots as another North Korean soldier defects
Vietnam in crosshairs for South Korean startups have 324 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.