Champagne sat in glasses surrounded by sparkling white walls and empty desks as Campus Coworking celebrated its grand opening Thursday afternoon. Dozens of local entrepreneurs and members of the Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce filled the space and toasted the opening of the new coworking center. As she stood next to a table in the front of the space, Campus Coworking co-founder Missy Creed could already see her vision taking shape. “It’s the start of the community,” Creed said. “Eating meals together, grabbing lunch together, bouncing ideas around.” Creed and co-founder Sarah Bohl began the project in November 2017 with the goal of giving local Jefferson City startups and entrepreneurs a place to gather and work. At first, they hoped to open the space in the much larger JCD Building near the intersection of U.S. 50 and U.S. 54. Later, they found the former home of Scene One Theater at 619 E. Capitol Ave. better fit their needs. Over the past month, Creed and Bohl replaced the space’s old drab black paint with sparkling white paint and cherry wood accents. A large glass door greets visitors. A wall in the foyer previously prevented natural light from flooding the space… Read full this story
- The 10 Worst Co-Workers Ever
- There’s No Use Worrying Over Things The Parasitic Alien Lifeforms Living Inside Us Can’t Control
- Who Has The Worst Logo In Sports?
- The Myth of the Fag Hag and Dirty Secrets of the Gay Male Subculture
- Friday's Best Deals: $150 Dyson Vacuum, Spikeball, Reader-Favorite Headphones, and More
- Read President Obama's moving speech from the Dallas memorial service
- 'We are paying for poison': Two lifelong Flint residents on their city’s tainted 'legacy'
- Friday's Best Deals: eBay Sale, Sous-Vide Cookers, Ray-Ban Sunglasses, and More
- ‘The Internet Is Going to Change Wall Street as We Know it.’
- Human Hardware: Working Memory
Coworking space takes shape have 322 words, post on www.newstribune.com at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.