Jan 21, 10:44 PM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By Chris Neiger 01/21/19 AT 10:20 PM There have been a few trends that have gained steam over the past few years and are shaping up to become even bigger in 2019. For those who’ve been paying close attention to the technology, automotive, and healthcare industries, you’ve likely noticed that artificial intelligence, electric vehicles, and cannabis growing are three stock ideas that just can’t seem to stay out of the headlines.Like most investment trends, betting on these trends early is better than holding off for too long. You might have to stomach some volatility as they grow, but there’s no mistaking that each offers its own unique investing opportunity.Trend 1: Artificial intelligenceAI has the potential to bring truly transformative technologies to market, some of which we’re already beginning to see. For example, Alphabet’s (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) self-driving car company, Waymo, recently launched the first commercial autonomous ride-hailing service just last month. Waymo’s technology is primarily controlled by artificial intelligence systems that process visual information from cameras and sensors to give the autonomous vehicles sight.Waymo’s service is still in the early stages, but estimates have put the company’s potential market value at $70 billion.Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) is also knee-deep in AI and… Read full this story
- ‘War and investigation:’ What President Trump said at his 2019 State of the Union address
- Watch Gavin Newsom deliver his first State of the State speech
- Would you ride to work? Why Fort Worth is looking to TEXRail stations for development
- Raises? Supplies? More jobs? What teachers and state workers want in NC budget talks
- Evolving Role of Utilities: Indicators That New Power Technologies May Be Transformative
- Risk and Reward in the UK Continental Shelf: An Update Looking Into 2015
- Impacts of the 2016 U.S. Election on Environmental Law, Policy, and Enforcement
- The Energy 202: This EPA forum should have been about water pollution. Instead, it sparked another controversy.
- Primary day potpourri
- What Big Pharma Fears Most: A Trump Alliance With Democrats to Cut Drug Prices
3 Investing Trends To Watch In 2019 have 359 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at January 20, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.