If you’ve never heard of an EcoSpot, that’s because it’s a recently invented term by Ford, to be used when referring to tight parking spaces where only the most-compact SUVs can fit. The North American automaker wants customers to consider those stressful moments when they’re circling the block trying to figure our whether or not they can squeeze into a curbside gap or between two cars, while other drivers honk from behind. While nothing short of a marketing ploy to make the EcoSport crossover look good (or at least, more useful), we certainly can’t ignore the fact that population centers continue to get denser and finding a good parallel parking space has become more challenging than before. In fact, according to a 2017 report from INRIX, drivers in New York City spend no fewer than 107 hours every year (on average) searching for a parking spot. Meanwhile, people in LA and San Francisco need 85 hours and 83 hours respectively for the same task. As for the nationwide average, that would be 17 hours a year. With only 161.3 inches (4,097 mm) in length, the Ford EcoSport is considerably shorter than something like a Buick Encore or even the Fiat… Read full this story
- Passport application conman Richard Howard finds new way to run old scam
- The Ultimate 50 Ways to Find New Books to Read
- European shipping emissions in way of nations meeting Paris climate targets
- Can ‘Cats’ Find New Life at the Box Office?
- NYC & Company Helps Find New York’s Best Holiday Attractions
- Let’s Drink Tonight: Find New Drinking Buddies
- Death Stranding - Higgs boss fight strategy, and how to 'find a way to go after Higgs' explained
- Death Stranding - Find a way to cross the tar belt explained
- Ryan Tannehill: Titans will always find a way
- Johnson Says He May Find a Way to ‘Lie in Front of Bulldozers’ to Oppose Heathrow's 3rd Runway
Ford Finds A New Way To Market The EcoSport: Meet the 'EcoSpot' have 329 words, post on www.carscoops.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.