U.S. Donald Trump If you had “Rex Tillerson vs. Donald Trump beef” on your “What Previously Impossible to Predict Political Story Will Happen Today” bingo card: Congrats, you nailed it! Well done. Tillerson, Trump’s former secretary of state, distanced himself from the public eye after leaving the position but at an event in Houston on Thursday, he lobbed a couple of barbs at the president, which led Trump to let loose a barrage of insults on Twitter Friday. This included calling Tillerson “dumb as a rock.” It isn’t entirely out of nowhere. The relationship between Trump and Tillerson had a rapid, expletive-laden downfall from the days of the president lauding the former Exxon Mobil chief as ”a world-class player and dealmaker.” Here’s a quick run-down of some of the insults they’ve traded. Judging by their recent behavior there could be more to come. He doesn’t speak for me… Addressing a question on Trump’s response to deadly riots at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last August, where he said there were “very fine people” on both sides, Tillerson threw shade by telling Fox News that ”the president speaks for himself.” The infamous “moron” NBC News reported in October 2017 that Tillerson, then still secretary of state, called Trump a “moron” in a meeting. … Read full this story
- Ivanka Trump, Not Rex Tillerson, Will Meet South Korea's Foreign Minister Amid North Korea Negotiations
- Donald Trump superfans show off their tattoos of president in eye-popping gallery
- Donald Trump Targets 16-year-old Greta Thunberg Again on Twitter, Quotes Tweet Calling Her 'An Actress'
- Donald Trump, White House Say Mueller Report 'Exonerated' President, but Attorney General Says It Didn't
- Will Donald Trump Be Impeached or Resign? Odds Suggest President's Future Is Precarious Amid Midterms, Omarosa Tapes
- Donald Trump surrenders personal phone as he becomes President of the United States
- Elections in four states could show if Donald Trump is getting weaker or stronger after president campaigns in THREE of them with call for 'angry majority' to defend him
- Mitt Romney Blasts Donald Trump In Washington Post Op-Ed, Says President Has Not 'Risen to the Mantle of the Office'
- 18 Years of Donald Trump’s 9/11 Lies, Insults, and Slights
- Rudy Giuliani asked Donald Trump to extradite cleric wanted by Turkish president, source says
Donald Trump vs. Rex Tillerson: Their History of Insults, Including President's Latest 'Dumb as a Rock' Tweet have 395 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.