Binh Dinh (VNA) – The central province of Binh Dinh welcomed more than 4 million tourists in 2018, up 10.6 percent from last year, and it is still making efforts to become a destination of more holiday makers in the time ahead.
Among visitors to Binh Dinh, there were over 286,400 foreigners and 3.8 million domestic holiday makers, respectively rising by 8.3 percent and 10.8 percent.
The province recorded a surge of almost 55 percent in tourism revenue to reach 3.3 trillion VND (142.1 million USD), according to Director of the provincial Tourism Department Nguyen Van Dung.
He attributed the tourist number increase partly to the improved infrastructure and services at accommodation facilities. Additionally, many two- or three-star hotels and resorts have been put into operation this year.
Binh Dinh is stepping up attracting investment in tourism infrastructure, the official said, noting that provincial authorities have given permission to 26 tourism projects, including nine hotels, 15 tourist areas, one safari park and one soft skill training centre.
Some major projects have become operational, including the Nhon Ly resort, villa and entertainment complex of the FLC Group; the Trung Luong camping site and Crown Retreat Quy Nhon Resort of the Trung Hoi Tourism Co. Ltd; and Huong Viet Hotel.
They have given a facelift to Binh Dinh and promoted its standing in the tourism industry of Vietnam, he added.
The province aims to welcome 5.1 million tourist arrivals in 2019, up 25 percent from this year, and earn 6.5 trillion VND from the industry.
To that end, promotion activities will be enhanced while priorities will be given to bettering tourism infrastructure and services, Dung noted, adding that Binh Dinh is also working to boost community-based tourism in some coastal areas of Quy Nhon city and develop human resources in the sector.
Binh Dinh is rich in cultural and historical traditions and boasts many scenic sites along its 134km-long coast.
Notably, Quy Nhon city has diverse terrain including plain land, hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, sea and islands. Along with relic sites and beautiful natural landscapes, visitors to this city can also explore traditional arts and festivals, craft villages, the Binh Dinh martial art, as well as local food. –VNA
- Paris overtakes London as Europe's most popular tourist city
- Tate Modern is now England's most popular tourist attraction
- Armenia again most popular tourist destination for Russians
- Paris overtakes London as most popular tourist city in Europe
- Portugal ranked as 17th most popular tourist destination
- Huge fire breaks out at popular tourist spot in Ibiza
- Shahdag resort in top-5 of most popular tourists destinations
- Maribor and Pohorje increasingly popular tourist destination
- Man dies suddenly while sunbathing at popular tourist beach
- Part-time work more popular, 7% would like fewer hours