New customers of Flagstar Bank were met with a host of issues Monday morning as the transition from Wells Fargo began, customers reported to KPC Media Group and our news partner, WANE-TV.
Michigan-based Flagstar Bank acquired the area’s Wells Fargo branches and opened them as Flagstar on Monday. With thousands of new customers, Flagstar prepared over the weekend for the switchover, and said they hoped to make the transition easy.
Instead, customers reported issues in using debit cards and creating new accounts.
One DeKalb County customer encountered an online message in which Flagstar apologized that it was unable to complete her request immediately.
A long line of customers was spotted at Flagstar’s West 7th Street branch in Auburn. WANE said it went to several branches and found long lines of customers. WANE reported some customers said when they called local branches, no one picked up.
On Twitter, Flagstar was responding to customers with the explanation: “We are experiencing some technical issues with flagstar.com. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience,” WANE said.
Flagstar issued this statement to WANE: “This weekend, Flagstar Bank transferred nearly 200,000 customers from Wells Fargo as part of the purchase of 52 branches. While the vast majority of customers have come over just fine, as often happens with transactions of this size, there have been some issues in taking care of our customers as they make this change. We take our responsibility to customers very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are working quickly and diligently to solve online and call center access issues. The same Wells Fargo bankers that have built great relationships with these customers are available in the branches, and systems are now in place to serve them.”
- Planetside 2: Player Studio Allows You To Create Custom-Items and Sell for Profit
- Create custom 3D printed Skylanders Imaginators figures with the new Skylanders Creator app
- StarCraft 2 mod tool updates to let players create custom models, UI and cutscenes
- Forza Horizon 3 Will Allow You to Create Custom Radio Stations
- Mass Effect Andromeda Character Creation Guide – Create Custom Characters, Share Them with Your Friends
- H1Z1 survivalists can vote to create custom servers
- APB allows you to create custom theme music
- Sony Creates Custom PS4 Controller for Gamer with Cerebral Palsy
- Metro: Last Light’s Developer Pack DLC lands September 17, allows you to create custom AI battles
- Chrome extension creates custom Twitch highlights