Gonzaga passed every big test with forward Killian Tillie in a walking boot, including a title-game win over then-top-ranked Duke in the Maui Invitational. Facing a long, athletic and experienced Tennessee team, the Zags ran out mojo and will likely drop out of the No. 1 spot in the AP Top 25 . Unable to make the big plays down the stretch, Gonzaga had its undefeated season end with a 76-73 loss to the seventh-ranked Vols in the Colangelo Classic on Sunday. “They’ve been down a lot of tough roads and responded,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “In March, that’s the type of game you’ve got to win to get to the Final Four.” Sunday’s game had a Final Four-feel to it, two Top 10 teams playing high-level basketball on a neutral court. Gonzaga (9-1) matched Tennessee nearly shot for shot, but had no answer for Admiral Schofield down the stretch. Tennessee’s senior guard hit a 3-pointer with 24 seconds left and scored 25 of his 30 points in the second half to send the Vols to their first win over a No. 1 team since beating Kansas in 2010. Next up should be a move up the poll for… Read full this story
- ‘Keep Rolling’: Twitter Reacts to Brazil-Belgium World Cup Match
- Phillips’ men hoping to keep pace with leaders
- What's the secret to keeping motivated when losing weight?
- Keith Richards tells pals Rolling Stones want to keep on touring
- Men are ‘zapping’ their penises to treat erectile dysfunction…but would you try it?
- Suddenly losing weight could be a sign you have CANCER, docs warn
- 'Talking keeps his memory alive': What it's like to be widowed and young
- Tiger Roll clings on to prevail in Grand National thriller at Aintree
- Tiger Roll wins the 171st Grand National at Aintree
- The Rolling Stones roll on despite a combined age of 294
Around men’s Top 25: No. 6 Nevada keeps rolling; Zags lose have 320 words, post on www.rep-am.com at December 10, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.