SHADY SIDE ACADEMY For nearly 150 years, Shady Side Academy has provided one of the best private independent primary educational options not just in Pittsburgh, but in the country. These days, its reach is even broader, boasting a current enrollment that includes 1,035 students from nine states and nine countries. And if those students are interested in science—they’ve come to the right place, because in May, the venerable institution opened its newest facility: the $11-million, state-of-the-art McIlroy Center for Science and Innovation. As Communications Director Jen Roupe explained, when they say state-of-the-art, they are not exaggerating. This building houses equipment that some colleges don’t have. Mass spectrometer? Got it; Gas chromatograph? Not a problem. 3D printers? Got them, too. “We also have a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance imaging machine, PCR genetic sequencing equipment, and a scanning electron microscope,” she said. “It’s been transformational. And the ‘old’ science space is being turned into a tech hub with robotics and computer labs. It’s all very exciting.” Shady Side offers a holistically balanced educational experience designed to nurture academic, physical and emotional development. Athletically, the school fields 30 varsity teams in 17 sports. Its arts curriculum is intertwined through all levels of learning with… Read full this story
- Jwala Gutta launches 'Jwala Gutta Academy of Excellence', claims her special focus will be on nurturing doubles players
- Jwala Gutta calls for improving standard of doubles players in India as she launches her 'Academy of Excellence'
- Donald Trump Fights for the ‘Forgotten Child’ in Push for School Choice
- Trump attends roundtable on school choice - live stream
- John Stossel: School choice is not just about letting families choose a school, it's also about ideas
- Black People Ask What Republicans Can Offer Them. The Answer: 'School Choice For Black Children' | Opinion
- Student touts Trump's push for school choice: 'Everything changed' for me after receiving private scholarship
- Lindsey Burke: Universal school choice is needed – Your address shouldn't limit your child’s future
- Joseph Lieberman: School choice is a winning policy, so why don't Democrats support it?
- WATCH: Warren Supporters Shout Down Black Parents For School Choice; Warren Summons Rep. Pressley For Help
Shady Side Academy—more than a century of excellence (School Choice Guide) have 367 words, post on newpittsburghcourieronline.com at November 28, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.