Cornerbacks Jalen Mills (foot) and Sidney Jones (hamstring) and defensive back Avonte Maddox (knee, ankle) were ruled out for Sunday. Running back Darren Sproles (hamstring) and linebacker Jordan Hicks (calf) were also ruled out.
Cornerback Rasul Douglas (knee, ankle) was listed as questionable, but he didn’t participate in practice at all during the week.
Those absences mean that the Eagles starting cornerbacks against Eli Manning, Odell Beckham Jr. and company will likely be Chandon Sullivan and De’Vante Bausby on the outside and Cre’Von LeBlanc in the slot. Malcolm Jenkins and Corey Graham would be the starting safeties.
During his Friday morning news conference, coach Doug Pederson told reporters he considered the cornerbacks to be day-to-day, even though they hadn’t practiced yet.
“We still have time,” Pederson said. “We’ll see what happens today.”
Ultimately, none of the injured corners returned to the field at the NovaCare Complex on Friday, which means the Eagles are putting their pass defense in the hands of three corners who haven’t been on the active roster for more than a month.
“We always talk about the next man, and they’re the next men,” Pederson said.
“I think the biggest challenge is the rhythm, the continuity, communication sometimes,” Pederson said. “Just body language, understanding the defense. All those things that kind of come with part of being around in OTAs and being around in training camp. The fact is everything matters now, everything counts. It’s a real game.”
The Giants enter the matchup relatively healthy, with defensive end Kerry Wynn (concussion) the lone player ruled out for Sunday.
- Philadelphia Eagles have lengthy injury report ahead of matchup at New York Giants
- Philadelphia Eagles CB Jalen Mills 'week-to-week' with foot sprain: report
- Report: Philadelphia Eagles CB Jalen Mills could miss rest of season with foot injury
- Philadelphia Eagles injury updates: Darren Sproles to practice; Jalen Mills, Avonte Maddox, Jordan Hicks ‘furthest away’
- Eagles Week 12 inactives: Rasul Douglas active with Jalen Mills, Avonte Maddox sidelined
- Philadelphia Eagles snap count analysis: Avonte Maddox steps up, Alshon Jeffery has heavy workload in return
- Philadelphia Eagles injury update: Rookie Avonte Maddox suffers knee injury, ruled out at Saints
- Injury updates on Eagles’ Jalen Mills, Avonte Maddox, Darren Sproles and more
- Philadelphia Eagles know former Penn State star Saquon Barkley presents challenge with New York Giants