Northwestern (5-4, 5-1) doesn’t need to beat No. 21 Iowa (6-3, 3-3) to win the Big Ten West. It just has to beat Minnesota and Illinois the next two weeks. The Hawkeyes are 10.5-point favorites Saturday, but in this rivalry’s recent history, the spread has been a mostly useless guide.
Here are predictions, pregame links and TV and streaming details for Saturday’s game.
Marc Morehouse — I wanted to take Northwestern, but I think Iowa has something left. Iowa 20, Northwestern 13
Mike Hlas — Northwestern has a new $270 million athletics facility. Every time you work out there you get Marriott points. Iowa 24, Northwestern 10
Jeff Johnson — Not saying the West Division is subpar this season, but your likely winner will have either a home loss to Eastern Michigan, a home loss to Akron or a home loss to Brigham Young on their resume. Iowa 24, Northwestern 21
Beth Malicki — If you’re going to the game consider wearing two sets of long johns with hand warmers wedged in between the layers. You’ll have to size up on all your clothing, but it’s worth it. Iowa 24, Northwestern 21
Ben Visser — Big Ten Championship game implications are on the line here. Iowa gets it done. Iowa 31, Northwestern 24
Todd Brommelkamp — How are the Hawks a 10-point favorite today when NU tends to give them Fitz? This pick could prove to be as bad as that pun. Iowa 31, Northwestern 17
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
Watch, Listen Live
Kickoff time: 2:42 p.m.
Watch online: Fox Sports Go
Radio: AM 600, AM 800, FM 100.7 in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City [Full list]
Listen online: TuneIn
- Apple Watch vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch: Which should you buy?
- High school football: Five things to watch
- Meet Jacob Barnhart, the 'earth-mover' moving up Iowa football recruiting boards
- Iowa football mailbag: Who are the overachievers and underachievers so far in 2019?
- Rams vs. Seahawks odds, line: Thursday Night Football picks, optimal predictions from model on 83-54 run - CBS Sports
- Rams vs. Seahawks odds, line: Thursday Night Football picks, best predictions from model on 83-54 run - CBS Sports
- ASU vs. Colorado football scouting report, prediction: Who has the edge?
- Tennessee football vs Southern Miss prediction: Who has the edge
- How to watch Kentucky football vs. Ole Miss: Game time, TV channel, streaming
- In-state crop of 2019 Iowa football prospects showing early promise