Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea told reporters that identifying human remains in the fire’s aftermath would be “very difficult”.SunTrust analyst Ali Agha in a note to clients said the sell-off in Edison International was likely overdone because total acres and property burned so far in its territory were smaller than in fires past year.Meanwhile, crews continued searching for bodies in the smoldering ruins, as almost 230 people remain unaccounted for. The Ventura County Humane Society said it was “deeply humbled by a $100,000 donation from Sandra Bullock and family” to rescue and care for animals evacuated from the fires.Authorities made clear, however, that they are bracing for the number of fatalities to climb. Shares of insurance companies covering homes and businesses in California also fell, with Allstate Corp., Travelers Companies Inc., Chubb Ltd. and Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. each down more than 1 per cent.About 300,000 people statewide were under evacuation orders, majority in southern California, and 150,000 remain displaced.NBC: “California wildfires: Thousands of animals displaced as fires tear through communities” — “Animal lovers across California have banded together in frantic efforts to save thousands of their four-legged loved ones threatened by wildfires raging across the state, officials said… Read full this story
- Trump on California’s wildfires: ‘Forest management is so poor’
- Donald Trump's immigration plans hit a wall as court blocks order to cut 'sanctuary city' funding
- Mitt Romney Criticizes Donald Trump Under Twitter Pseudonym Pierre Delecto
- Beto O'Rourke Blames Donald Trump for El Paso Shooting: 'He Is a Racist and He Stokes Racism'
- Donald Trump made big claims about Joe and Hunter Biden in Ukraine. Here's what you need to know
- What Is 'Shadow Banning' and Is Twitter Doing It to Republicans, Like Donald Trump Claims?
- Lawyer says second whistleblower backs complaint against US President Donald Trump
- White House ordered to turn over documents to support Donald Trump impeachment probe
- Donald Trump's impeachment hearing digs into his 'fictional narrative' and conspiracy theories
- Donald Trump calls on China to investigate Joe Biden amid impeachment inquiry over Ukraine call
Donald Trump’s Latest California Wildfires Twitter Do-Over: First Responders "Very Brave" have 354 words, post on upbeacon.net at November 13, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.