NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Disabled Amtrak rail maintenance equipment in the north tube of the Hudson River rail tunnel is causing transit delays in the region.
New Jersey Transit trains were experiencing 30-minute delays in and out of New York’s Penn Station during the Friday morning commute. The Long Island Railroad was also dealing with some delays, and it warned customers that some cancellations might occur.
All Amtrak and commuter trains traveling through Penn Station were experiencing delays ranging from 45 minutes to an hour. All trains were single tracking using the south tube.
The Long Island Railroad was running with some short delays, and it warned customers that some cancellations might occur.
NJ Transit rail tickets were being cross-honored by the agency’s buses, along with PATH and private carrier buses.
- Snow causes major travel disruption in France
- Accident at Beckton roundabout causes major traffic delays
- Southern Rail delays as South Bermondsey track fire causes major disruption
- Traffic: Roadworks causing morning travel delays
- Traffic: Snow causing morning travel delays
- Emergency crews battle massive fire at popular Cork pub as blaze outside Mallow causes major traffic delays
- Snow causes major travel disruption across Weston-super-Mare
- Flybe apologises as disabled people blamed for Belfast flight delay
- Broken down vehicle causes major delays on M8 close to Glasgow Airport
- Traffic: Roadworks causing Tuesday morning delays