Manchester Pacific Gateway rendering. The project is expected to be completed by 2021. (Credit: Manchester Financial Group) Work starts in earnest on massive Manchester Pacific Gateway project Manchester Financial Group has launched the $1.5 billion redevelopment of the 13.5-acre Manchester Pacific Gateway on the Downtown waterfront. “In the 12 years that we have worked on this development, our enthusiasm and commitment has never wavered,” said Chairman Emeritus of Manchester Financial Group, Doug Manchester. The group hired architect Gensler, general contractor Turner Construction, Urban Strategies Group of Flocke & Avoyer for retail leasing, and Cushman & Wakefield for office leasing. The Navy Broadway Complex, which is currently the home of the Navy’s regional headquarters, will make way for a new mixed-use development. Manchester Pacific Gateway will feature six buildings totaling 3million square feet within eight city blocks, including a new 17-story Class-A office building for the Navy headquarters. “The Navy is excited to break ground on a new, state-of-the-art Navy Administrative Building. The Navy and San Diego have had a strong, mutually beneficial relationship for over 100 years and this project is another important chapter in that history,” said Rear Admiral Yancy B. Lindsey, commander of Navy Region Southwest. Credit: Manchester Financial Group… Read full this story
- San Diego is 7th worst place for first-time homebuyers, study says
- Frontier adds three nonstop flights from San Diego
- San Diego County ranks No. 3 in state with life-sciences jobs
- 'The Mitchell Way' guides San Diego company for 70 years
- Cox Communications charts path to speed up San Diego network
- San Diego start-up bakes Web parental controls in Wi-Fi router
- San Diego home price increases fall behind nation, California
- How much can you make on the sale of a San Diego house?
- San Diego home sellers are slashing prices
- 'Autumn chill'? San Diego resale home price gains slow
Daily Business Report-Nov. 1, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine have 311 words, post on www.sandiegometro.com at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.