This year, the Chattanooga Music Club is partnering with the Chattanooga Symphony & Opera to present a family-friendly concert for veterans, their families and the public. Conducted by CSO Music Director Kayoko Dan, the CSO will present a program of patriotic favorites including the Armed Forces Salute, Battle Hymn of the Republic, God Bless America, and more.
“The Chattanooga Music Club and the Chattanooga Symphony and Opera are joining forces to observe an important milestone in world history,” says CMC Organ Committee President Jim Baliff.
“On Nov. 11 1918 the Armistice to end WWI was signed at 11 a.m. bringing an end to what was hoped to be the ‘war to end all wars.’ The 100th anniversary of this historic event will be recognized around the globe and part of the Scenic City’s remembrance will be this great concert in the very building that the citizens of Chattanooga built to recognize the heroic efforts of those in the Tennessee Valley whose lives were lost or who valiantly served their country during this great conflict.”
- Things to do in Indianapolis: Best fall events, festivals, concerts
- Gotta Lovett: Singer moves Kansas City concert time for Chiefs-Patriots game
- Veterans Day 2018: Parades and ceremonies honor veterans
- March 6-12: Piano Concert with Boris Schönleber
- Performing Arts Calendar: Author visits, dance concerts, music and theater events Oct. 15-21
- 10-Day Planner: Survivor events, Earth Day, Record Store Day and more
- rants support music education
- Monticello Singers, MOstly Opera help commemorate Armistice Day at CUCC
- Reno concerts, shows: Big acts just announced