Mark Phelan Detroit Free Press Published 6:00 AM EST Nov 20, 2018 What are the top 20 automotive news stories of the last 20 years? The MotorCities National Heritage Area, a National Parks Service-affiliated group that works with historic sites radiating out from Detroit to Flint and the Kalamazoo area, has a list that’s sure to generate conversations after the Lions game on Thanksgiving. MCNHA turned 20 this year. It includes 10,000 square miles, 16 of counties in Michigan and part of Ontario. The group has been involved in everything from restoration of historic auto plants to creating a historic passport of spots any auto-minded visitor should see. To celebrate, they asked the Society of Automotive Historians to rate the top auto industry news events since 1998. Spoiler alert: They missed four that would’ve made my top 10, which I’m listing first: Honda Insight and Toyota Prius launch the age of hybrids. The first Insight, in 1999, and Prius, which arrived in the U.S. a year later, usher in the era of practical, popular electric vehicles. Honda couldn’t capitalize on its head start, and the Prius became the world’s bestselling hybrid and much of the reason Toyota rose to briefly be the… Read full this story
- Google closes book on Reader news story service
- China's Xi takes a taxi: the news story that rocked the web
- Marking 20 years of APEC successes
- Trump backs potential new auto import tariffs
- China to cut auto tariffs on Jul 1 as trade tensions ease
- National Enquirer paid US$30,000 for story on alleged Trump love child
- Foreign correspondents speak of reporting missing jet - Opinion - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- China blasts Trump phone hack report as 'fake news'
- Suspect dead, 20 injured in shooting at US arts festival
- Australia's biggest bank loses 20 million customer records
20 top auto-news stories since 1998 ranked have 309 words, post on eu.freep.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.