It’s beginning to sound like a broken record – one that Oregon Ducks football fans are all to happy to continue to let play.
Mario Cristobal and his coaching staff have the nation’s No. 3 recruiting, according to Rivals, and a consensus top-four class among the three major recruiting services.
For a program located outside a high school football hotbed, those results seemed nearly impossible a few years ago.
Perhaps that’s why Rivals national recruiting director Mike Farrell listed Oregon as one of five programs with the most surprising recruiting class so far.
Here’s what Farrell had to say:
“The Ducks at No. 3 are also a big surprise,” he wrote. “Usually USC or another Pac-12 is in this lofty range, but the way Mario Cristobal has recruited can’t be ignored. The Ducks’ average star ranking is one of the best in the country.”
Oregon’s average star ranking is the biggest takeaway from Farrell’s sentiments.
Yes, the Ducks have a Pac-12 Conference-high 21 commitments, but the star rating of those pledges – an average of 3.71 stars per recruit – is 7th in the country, behind only Georgia, Florida State, Oklahoma Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State.
Of Oregon’s 21 commitments, Rivals 15 of them as four-star prospects, highlighted by top-100 talents in wide receivers Lance Wilhoite (No. 52) and Mycah Pittman (81), running back Sean Dollars (64), linebacker Mase Funa (76), cornerback MyKael Wright (79), offensive lineman Jonah Tauanu’u (89) and safety Jeremiah Criddell (94).
Considering Oregon has never before signed a top-10 recruiting class, maybe Farrell has a good point.
- The List Or the Program? Why You Must Choose Carefully
- A Review of the Lucrative List Building Secrets Home Study Course
- Managing Your Opt-In Mailing List
- List Building Techniques For Your Mail Order Dealership Or Affiliate Program
- 5 Reasons To Grow Your Opt-In List Of Subscribers
- College Football - It is Going to Be a Very Long Season For Washington's Football Program
- Reasons Insurance Brokerage Recruiters Fail Include Lacking of Sufficient Funds
- Internet Advantages Overlooked by National Brokerage General Agency
- US Class Action Firms Hit The Ground Running As European Law Firms Go Into Battle Over Litigation
- An Amazing Data Structure - Programming a Maze in C++