The President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, H.E Mr. Maithripala Sirisena will be arriving in Seychelles next week (8th to 10th October, 2018) on his first State Visit. He will be accompanied by his wife and a high level delegation.
President Sirisena will be here on an invitation extended to him by President Danny Faure in March last year, during President Faure’s working visit to Sri Lanka. H.E President Sirisena and President Faure are expected to have bilateral discussions on various areas of cooperation between the two countries.
The talks are expected to concentrate on health, education, tourism, environment, fisheries, maritime security and the Indian Ocean Commission amongst others.
Tomorrow, marks exactly 30 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries and this visit is likely to pave the way to further cooperation between the two Indian Ocean neighbours.
Seychelles and the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka established diplomatic relations on 3rd October 1988.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Seychelles.
- President of Botswana H.E. Mr. Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi on Official Visit to the Republic of Seychelles
- Sri Lankan PM Ratnasiri Wickramanayake pays an official visit to Vietnam
- Vice President Meriton on official visit to Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka terror attack suspects could have explosives, PM warns
- Sri Lanka and the 39th Human Rights Council Session: Playing Domestic Politics on the International Stage : MAP
- How China Got Sri Lanka to Cough Up a Port
- President of Sri Lanka arrives in Tehran
- Vice President of the Seychelles visits Sri Lanka from 30 January to 02 February, 2019
- Sri Lanka Seeks Executioner With ‘Excellent Moral Character’