B-PAC: Glenbard Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee and GPS: Glenbard Parent Series in Spanish will present “In the Driver’s Seat with Lourdes Ferrer” on Thursday, Nov. 15.
In this parent empowerment program, Spanish-speaking parents will be provided with the motivation, knowledge and skills they need to navigate the culture of American education.
Ferrer is a gifted Hispanic parental involvement specialist who inspires parents/guardians to become self-advocates and role models, prepared to assume leadership roles in the community. Through this academy, which will be presented in Spanish, parents/guardians will learn the resources for academic success, how to increase students’ college readiness and gain information about the skills necessary for today’s careers.
This program will begin at 6 p.m. Nov. 15 at Glenbard North High School, 990 N. Kuhn Road in Carol Stream.
Students and their parents/guardians are encouraged to attend. A light dinner will be served.
Ferrer is the author of “Hispanic Parental Involvement,” “The Ten Competencies to Drive Your Children to Academic Success” and “Voices: African American and Hispanic Students’ Perceptions Regarding the Academic Achievement Gap.”
For further information, visit glenbardgps.org or contact Susanna Melón, B-PAC Glenbard District coordinator, at (630) 681-3103 or [email protected] or Gilda Ross, Glenbard District 87 student and community projects coordinator, at (630) 942-7668 or [email protected]
- Halloween became An Event for my family, but it was a blessing in disguise
- Felipe VI coronation: Spanish royal family website changes
- Israeli app helps people navigate cemeteries to find graves
- Mayor Announces New Group, Event To Support Family Peace Center
- CAAM to Launch 'Who Is American?' Education Campaign On Chinese Exclusion Act
- Filipino cultural schools help bridge Filipino Americans and their heritage
- Helped by Asian-American chefs, U.S. cities advance their dining
- Blending Asia and America helped these Asian American chefs create something new
- Gail Hoover Develops Real Estate Niche that Helps Families in Need
- C-V2X system helps cars navigate intersections, even without a line of sight